Hey mobile fans! Here’s the first in our weekly break down of some of our favorite new phone releases from the major US carriers:
Verizon is now selling the latest addition to the best selling Motorola Droid family of devices. The new model features upgraded looks and functionality. Some key features:
- 5-row slide-out QWERTY Keyboard features a dedicated number row for some seriously fast texting and emailing
- Dual-core 1GHz Processor upgrades speed and performance of multi-tasking apps
- Android 2.3 and Global Capabilities gives you with the latest Android technology wherever you are in the world
- 4″ qHD Display is 26% more pixels than its predecessor
- 1080p Video Capture with Front and Rear Cameras
The Casio GZone Commando is the definition of rugged. Built to military specs to survive extreme environments, this phone also has the smarts of an Android powered device with touch screen functions, an HTML web browser and mobile hotspot ability. Key Features:
- Camera 5.0 Megapixel
- Rugged engineered to perform, designed to last, and built to survive, it can handle just about anything you throw its way.
- Touch Screen navigate through onscreen device menus with a simple touch of the finger or stylus (if supported by your device).
- Mobile Hotspot allows you to share your compatible device’s 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices, including notebooks, netbooks, MP3 players, camera, PDA’s, portable gaming systems and more.
- HTML Web Browser
- iFixit dissects the Motorola Droid 3 (geek.com)
- Video Tour: Motorola Droid 3 (phonescoop.com)
- Grab a Motorola Droid 3 From Verizon And Get One For Free (pocketnow.com)